Friday, November 14, 2008

A Bird In The Hand, Is Worth Two In A Bush













Look what came to visit me today!
This is an Amercian Goldfinch. In the summer, the males are a bright yellow color, but lose the bright yellow during the late fall, and don't change color again, until spring. The females look pretty much like this all year round. What darling cuties they are! Many come to my birdfeeders every day. This one had an unfortunate mishap. It hit my window and got the wind knocked out of her. I picked her up and brought her in the house, to warm her up until she got her bearings back together. She just sat in my hand for the longest time. When I thought she was ready to fly, I opened my patio doorwall, and then, after sitting on my finger for a few seconds, she flew away safely. Good little birdie!



No comments: